Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Man Buying Snuff, undated
A Man Buying Snuff
- Additional Title(s):
The Snuff Shop
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white wove paper
- 7 3/8 x 5 5/8 inches (18.7 x 14.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "D26392cx"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrels (containers) | bonnet (hat) | buying | cane | cap (headgear) | genre subject | hat | men | pipe (smoking equipment) | scales (weighing devices) | shelves, hanging | shop | smoking (activity) | stool | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.