- The Duchess of Gordon's Rout
- Pen and brown ink, and graphite; verso: gray watercolor blot on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 9/16 x 8 3/4 inches (11.6 x 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen in brown ink, lower left: "The Duc[t?]hess of G[...d] [..?] [..?] Rout"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "3578"; in graphite, verso, lower left: "[illegible words]"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- duchess | genre subject | People | study (visual work)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Duchess of Gordon's Rout, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.