The Duchess of Gordon's Rout
- Pen and brown ink, and graphite; verso: gray watercolor blot on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 9/16 x 8 3/4 inches (11.6 x 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen in brown ink, lower left: "The Duc[t?]hess of G[...d] [..?] [..?] Rout"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "3578"; in graphite, verso, lower left: "[illegible words]"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- duchess | genre subject | People | study (visual work)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Duchess of Gordon's Rout, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.