River Scene (The Thames at Eton?)
- Additional Title(s):
River Scene with Flock of Sheep
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown and gray brown ink, over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 9 1/16 inches (15.6 x 23 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, right center: "Vol 3 20"; in graphite, verso, upper left: "D352"
Watermarks: F [or E] & P/ 1802; Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | landscape | river | sail | sheep | sky | structure (single built work) | trees | water
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, River Scene (The Thames at Eton?), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.