Henderson in the Character of Falstaff
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, antique laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/16 x 10 7/16 inches (30.6 x 26.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Henderson in the Character of Falstaff"; in brown ink, verso, lower center: "[N?].12"; in graphite, verso: "2539"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figure study | literary theme | man | obese
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Henderson, John (bap. 1747, d. 1785), British actor and draftsman
Sir John Falstaff
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Henderson in the Character of Falstaff, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.