Henderson in the Character of Falstaff
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, antique laid paper
- 12 1/16 x 10 7/16 inches (30.6 x 26.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Henderson in the Character of Falstaff"; in brown ink, verso, lower center: "[N?].12"; in graphite, verso: "2539"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figure study | literary theme | man | obese
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Sir John Falstaff
Henderson, John (bap. 1747, d. 1785), British actor and draftsman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Henderson in the Character of Falstaff, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.