Giant's Causeway, Antrim, Ireland.
- Watercolor with pen and red-gray and gray ink, over graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 x 9 5/16 inches (14.6 x 23.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower right: "GIANTS CAUSEWAY"; in graphite, verso, left center: "Vol 3 21"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | causeway | figures (representations) | landscape | mountains | rocks (landforms) | water
- Associated Places:
- Antrim | Antrim | Europe | Giant's Causeway | Northern Ireland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
William Laffan, Ireland : crossroads of art and design, 1690-1840, The Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, 2015, p. 234, no. 116, no. 116, N6787 .I74 2015 OVERSIZE (YCBA)