- Lord Harrington and Lord Petersham
- Watercolor with pen and gray and red-brown ink, over graphite; verso: graphite shading on medium, slightly textured, biege, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 9/16 x 6 1/4 inches (21.7 x 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower left: "Lord Harrington"; in pen and gray ink, lower right: "Lord Petersham---"
Watermarks: similar to Heawood 3460 but the date is below the name and appears to be "1809" (?);
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boots | caricature | hats | jackets | men | military art | military costume | portrait | satire | spurs, rowel | swords | uniforms, military
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Lord Harrington and Lord Petersham, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.