- The Channel Sketchbook
- ca. 1845
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 x 6 1/4 inches (9.5 x 15.9 cm) and Binding: 4in. (10.2cm)
Inscribed in graphite upper right: "13"; inscribed in graphite: "v Red? | Blue | G Yellow | Grn? | Gold? | B | Red up? | part? | all over Blue? | Rd | Purple | Cold? | Yell | Gold | Sea all light? | Yellow"; in graphite left: "[ . . . ]"; verso: inscribed in graphite: "orange? | cold bank of Cld?"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- breakwater | channel (water body component) | marine art | masts | ships | sun | sunset
- Associated Places:
- England | English Channel | Europe | La Manche | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, The Channel Sketchbook, ca. 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.