- The Channel Sketchbook
- ca. 1845
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 x 6 1/4 inches (9.5 x 15.9 cm) and Binding: 4in. (10.2cm)
Inscribed in graphite upper right: "14"; verso: inscribed in graphite upper right: "July 24 | Blue | Yellow | orange | Cold Blue | grey? | Punch ?"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- breakwater | channel (water body component) | marine art | sketchbook | sunset
- Associated Places:
- England | English Channel | Europe | La Manche | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, The Channel Sketchbook, ca. 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.