- The Channel Sketchbook
- ca. 1845
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 x 6 1/4 inches (9.5 x 15.9 cm) and Binding: 4in. (10.2cm)
Inscribed in graphite upper right: "15"; verso: inscribed in graphite: "Cld | Blue | red | glint? of Light?"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- channel (water body component) | cliffs | marine art | sea | sketchbook | towers
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Ian Warrell, Turner's sketchbooks, Tate Publishing, London, 2014, p. 224, NJ18.T85 W378 2014 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, The Channel Sketchbook, ca. 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.