Britannia's Protection, or Loyalty Triumphant
- Pen and black ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 12 11/16 x 15 5/8 inches (32.2 x 39.7 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper right: "GOD SAVE THE KING"; in graphite, upper left: "[..?] for thy | diabolical attempt | thou shall meet with your | [reward?]"; in black ink, lower right: "FORTITUDE"; in gray-black ink, lower center: "Britannias Protection or Loyalty Triumphant"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | figures | genre subject | king (person) | protection
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Britannia's Protection, or Loyalty Triumphant, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.