- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 13 1/8 × 14 9/16 inches (33.3 × 37 cm) and 11 × 13 3/8 inches (27.9 × 33.9 cm)
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, lower center, within two concentric circles: "PAUL MELLON | COLLECTION"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "J,, Collett pinxit"; lower center: "The REFUSAL. | Engraved after an Original Picture of Mr,, John Collett, in the Possession of Mr,, Bradford. | Published by T. BRADFORD, No. 132 Fleet Street, London: 10. Feby. 1768, as the Act directs."; lower right: "J,, Goldar Sculpsit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnets | bowl (vessel) | chair | cravat | daughter | drapery | drinking | drinking glasses | flounces | food | frills | fruit | genre subject | gowns | humor | love | man | marriage | mother | oval | plaid | satire | table | tricorne | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest: