- Senecio gigas Vatke (Tree Groundsel): finished drawing of budding shoot
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 15/16 x 12 5/16in. (40.5 x 31.3cm) and Binding: 16 inches (40.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "4"; lower center: "Maraqua"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Paul Hulton, Luigi Balugani's drawings of African plants, From the collection made by James Bruce of Kinnaird on his travels to discover the source of the Nile 1767-1773 , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1991, p. 78, pl. 8, QK98.183 B2 H85 1991 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Luigi Balugani, 1737–1770, Italian, Senecio gigas Vatke (Tree Groundsel): finished drawing of budding shoot, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.