- The Wife's Fortune Told
- ca. 1768
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Plate: 9 3/4 x 13 3/4in. (24.8 x 34.9cm) and Sheet: 11 x 16 1/4in. (27.9 x 41.3cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "#184"
Lettered below image: "Published as the Act directs | The Wife's Fortune Told. | Printed for Carington Bowles, Map & Printseller, at No.69 in St. Pauls Church Yard, London."; below image: "With Maid of Widows e'er so old, | A Youth of Spirit gets the Gold | Why then to know your Fate so silly? | You gave your Cash to keep a - filly."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, eighteenth century, The Wife's Fortune Told, ca. 1768
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.