- The Bread and Butter Manufactory, or the Humors of Bagnigge Wells
- Mezzotint and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Plate: 9 7/8 x 13 3/4in. (25.1 x 34.9cm) and Sheet: 11 x 16 1/4in. (27.9 x 41.3cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "281"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "#186"
Lettered below image: "Printed for Carington Bowles, No.69 in St.Paul's Church Yard, | 272 | The Bread and Butter Manufactory, or the Humors of Bagnigge Wells. | London. Published as the Act directs."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, The Bread and Butter Manufactory, or the Humors of Bagnigge Wells, 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.