- The Husband's Fortune Told
- ca. 1768
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Plate: 10 x 13 7/8in. (25.4 x 35.2cm) and Sheet: 11 x 16 1/4in. (27.9 x 41.3cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "AD 1768"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center right: "#159"
Lettered below image: "Published as the Act directs | The Husband's Fortune Told. | Printed for Carington Bowles, Map & Printseller, at No.69 St. Pauls Church Yard, London."; below image: "When gay Eighteen to Sixty weds, | How just the Scheme of sep'rate Beds, | This Dotard needs no Gipsy's Prate, | His Wife and Betty know his Fate."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, eighteenth century, The Husband's Fortune Told, ca. 1768
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.