- The Club Room
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown and gray ink over graphite; verso: graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 15/16 x 8 13/16 inches (12.5 x 22.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen in brown gray ink, lower right: "T. Rowlandson."; pen in brown ink, lower center: "The Club Room."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chairs | club (association) | club (association) | dog (animal) | drinking | fireplace | food | genre subject | hats | men | room | sleeping | table (support furniture)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
British Art at Yale, Apollo, v.105, no. 182, April 1977, pp. 279, 281, fig. 5, N5220 M552 A7 1977 OVERSIZE (YCBA) Published as April 1977 issue of Apollo; all of the articles may also be found in bound Apollo Volume [N1 A54 105:2 +]
The Cunning Eye of Thomas Rowlandson, Apollo, vol.105,no. 182, April 1977, pp. 279, 281, fig. 5, N1 A54 05:2 + (YCBA) Another copy of this article may be found in a separately bound and catalogued copy of this issue located on the Mellon Shelf [call number : N5220 M552 A7 1977 + (YCBA)]
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Club Room, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.