Henry Angelo and Madame Cain Fencing
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown and gray-brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, wove paper, mounted on cream, thick, rough wove paper with gray ink and wash line borders
- Mount: 9 11/16 x 13 3/16 inches (24.6 x 33.5 cm) and Sheet: 6 7/16 x 9 15/16 inches (16.4 x 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Rowlandson"; in graphite, lower center (left to right): "Angelo" "Madame Cain"; in graphite, lower right: [Rowlandson?]; in graphite, on mount, lower right: "D26036"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crowd | fencing | genre subject | hats | men | sporting art | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Henry Angelo and Madame Cain Fencing, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.