Henry Angelo and Madame Cain Fencing
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown and gray-brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, wove paper, mounted on cream, thick, rough wove paper with gray ink and wash line borders
- 9 11/16 x 13 3/16 inches (24.6 x 33.5 cm) and 6 7/16 x 9 15/16 inches (16.4 x 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Rowlandson"; in graphite, lower center (left to right): "Angelo" "Madame Cain"; in graphite, lower right: [Rowlandson?]; in graphite, on mount, lower right: "D26036"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crowd | fencing | genre subject | hats | men | sporting art | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Henry Angelo and Madame Cain Fencing, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.