- A Stag Hunt in the West Country
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown and gray ink over graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 x 9 inches (13.7 x 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower left: "T Rowlandson"; in graphite, lower right: "D 28290"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- country (rural landscape) | hills | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunting | landscape | men | riding (horseback riding) | sporting art | stag | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Stag Hunt in the West Country, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.