The Visitors Being Shown the Baby
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/16 x 6 1/16 inches (10.6 x 15.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen in red-brown ink over graphite, lower left: "T. Rowlandson"; inscribed on verso in graphite, "D.28828."
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | bonnets (hats) | children | feathers | genre subject | hats | muffs | sitting rooms | table (support furniture) | visitors | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Visitors Being Shown the Baby, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.