The Visitors Being Shown the Baby
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/16 x 6 1/16 inches (10.6 x 15.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, "D.28828."
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Signed in brown ink over graphite, lower left: "T. Rowlandson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | bonnets (hats) | children | feathers | genre subject | hats | muffs | sitting rooms | table (support furniture) | visitors | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Visitors Being Shown the Baby, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.