- The Heralds
- Watercolor with pen and red-brown and gray brown ink over graphite on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 6 3/16 x 7 7/16 inches (15.7 x 18.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso: In graphite, upper left: "No 347"; in graphite, lower right: "92"
Watermark: Smith Allni [?]; Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- feathers | heralds | horn | horses (animals) | men | military art | riders, horseback
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Heralds, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.