Portrait Study of John Philip Kemble
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor with pen and gray-brown ink and graphite, with watercolor, and pen and ink line border on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 x 5 1/16 inches (14.3 x 12.9 cm), Mount: 7 7/8 x 7 3/16 inches (20 x 18.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower center: "Mr. Kemble"; Verso: in graphite, center: "Kemble"; in graphite, left center: "V5 | P207"; in graphite, lower right: "7/6"; in graphite, lower left: "[FWD 301?]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- face | man | portrait | study (visual work)
- Associated People:
- Kemble, John Philip (1757–1823),
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Portrait Study of John Philip Kemble, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.