- Farewell of Mary Stuart
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 x 6 1/2 inches (20 x 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Farewell | of Mary Stuart | 719"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- court (judicial body) | historical subject | oval
- Associated People:
- Mary [Mary Stewart] (1542–1587), queen of Scots
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Peter Fisher, George Romney and the Mary Stuart Story, Transactions of the Romney Society, 23, The Romney Society, Kendal, Cumbria, p. 9, fig. 6, NJ18 R65 T7 (LC) (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Farewell of Mary Stuart, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.