IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Farewell of Mary Stuart, undated
Farewell of Mary Stuart
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 x 6 1/2 inches (20 x 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Farewell | of Mary Stuart | 719"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- court (judicial body) | historical subject | oval
- Associated People:
- Mary [Mary Stewart] (1542–1587), queen of Scots
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Peter Fisher, George Romney and the Mary Stuart Story, Transactions of the Romney Society, 23, The Romney Society, Kendal, Cumbria, p. 9, fig. 6, NJ18 R65 T7 (LC) (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.