Portrait of a Man with Hat
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, gray laid paper
- Sheet: 5 9/16 × 4 15/16 inches (14.2 × 12.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back of modern mount, lower left: "L 25"
Lettered, center left inside image: "J Chalon | fe.ct. F. 1792"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David Bindman in memory of Richard Godfrey
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | collar | fur coat | hat | long hair | man | nose | portrait | reading
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John James Chalon, 1778–1854, French, active in Britain, Portrait of a Man with Hat, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.