- St. Alban's Cathedral, Hertfordshire
- ca. 1797
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/8 x 10 1/4 inches (36.5 x 26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "T. Girtin"; Verso: in graphite, lower right: "West Entrance of St. Albans - Herts -"
watermarks: Fleur-de-Lys (similar to Shorter 197 without "J Whatman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | archway | cathedral | door | stone
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hertfordshire | St. Albans | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, St. Alban's Cathedral, Hertfordshire, ca. 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.