Tynemouth Priory, Northumberland
- ca. 1793
- Watercolor over graphite on laid paper lmounted on contemporary support paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 x 8 5/8 inches (16.8 x 21.9 cm) and Mount: 9 11/16 x 11 5/8 inches (24.6 x 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "X"; in graphite, verso, center: "Tynemouth Priory | 9 (encircled); in graphite, verso, lower right: "4"
Signed in graphite, on mount, lower left: "Girtin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | clouds | donkey | figures | grass | ruins | ship | sky | stone | tree | water | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | North Tyneside | Northumberland | Tynemouth | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Tynemouth Priory, Northumberland, ca. 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.