- Figure Costume Study: French Lady of Quality in 1501
- between 1793 and 1795
- Graphite, gray wash and violet chalk on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 x 2 7/8 inches (11.4 x 7.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "French Lady of Quality in 1501"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | dress | female | figure | formal dresses | French | genre subject | lady | study (visual work)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Figure Costume Study: French Lady of Quality in 1501, between 1793 and 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.