Figure Costume Study: English Nobleman
- Additional Title(s):
English Nobleman in 1558
- between 1793 and 1795
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/4 x 3 1/4 inches (10.8 x 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "English Nobleman in 155[?]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | English | figure | figure study | male | nobleman | sword
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Figure Costume Study: English Nobleman, between 1793 and 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.