Pevensey Castle, Sussex
- ca. 1795
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink and graphite on moderately thick, blued white wove paper
- Mount: 7 5/8 x 9 7/8 inches (19.4 x 25.1 cm) and Sheet: 6 1/2 × 8 7/8 inches (16.5 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Pevensey Castle 3"; in graphite, verso, upper right: "70/3/27/157A"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | grass | sky | stone
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Pevensey | Pevensey Castle | Sussex | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Pevensey Castle, Sussex, ca. 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.