IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Giles Hussey, 1710–1788, British, Album of 36 Drawings Selected by Benjamin West, P.R.A, between 1730 and 1768
Album of 36 Drawings Selected by Benjamin West, P.R.A.
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Album of 36 Drawings Selected by Benjamin West, P.R.A.
- between 1730 and 1768
- 36 drawings of graphite, pen and ink, or red chalk, interleaved in red morocco blank book embossed with the arms of the Duke of Manchester on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Spine: 15 inches (38.1 cm), Sheet: 15 × 9 3/4 inches (38.1 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed inside flyleaf in brown ink: "The extraordinary outlines contained in this | book (by Hussey) were selected by a Benjn West | as some of the best specimens of the Artist"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.