IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Head of a Man in Profile, undated
Head of a Man in Profile
- Additional Title(s):
Head of a Man (Profile)
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 7/8 x 2 7/8 inches (9.8 x 7.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "717"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); circular collector's mark, verso: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | cross-hatching | curls | figure study | head | profile
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.