IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Sketches for a Man with a Horse, undated
Sketches for a Man with a Horse
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketches for Man with Horse
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 7 3/4 inches (15.6 x 19.7 cm)
Watermark; oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | horse (animal) | man | sporting art | wig
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.