Dustanborough Castle from a Distance
- ca. 1796
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 5 × 8 1/4 inches (12.7 × 21 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "Dunstanborough Castle | T. Girtin"
watermark: Whatman (letters)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | landscape | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Castle Dunstanborough | Embleton | England | Europe | Northumberland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Dustanborough Castle from a Distance, ca. 1796
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.