IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Bruce Davidson, born 1933, American, Duke of Argyll, Inveraray, 1960
Duke of Argyll, Inveraray
- Additional Title(s):
Duke of Argyll in Front of His Castle, Inveraray
- Part Of:
- Gelatin silver print on moderately thick, semigloss photographic paper
- Sheet: 11 × 14 inches (27.9 × 35.6 cm), Image: 9 × 13 1/4 inches (22.9 × 33.7 cm)
Signed on verso in graphite, center: "Bruce Davidson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Ralph and Nancy Segall
- Copyright Status:
- © The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- automobiles | buses | castle | cigarette | cigarette holder (container) | duke | estate | fence | kilt | portrait | portrait
- Associated Places:
- Argyll and Bute | Europe | Inveraray | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Campbell, Ian Douglas, 11th and 4th Duke of Argyll (1903–1973)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.