- Four Studies of a Hay Cart
- between 1798 and 1799
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 x 8 9/16 inches (28.9 x 21.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, left center: "Royal"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "Girtin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | hay wagons | wheels | wood
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Four Studies of a Hay Cart, between 1798 and 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.