IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Chapel Church, Surrey, ca. 1799
Chapel Church, Surrey
- ca. 1799
- Watercolor, gouache and scraping over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/4 x 16 inches (31.1 x 40.6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | doorway | figure | grass | horse (animal) | path | steeple | tombstone | trees | window
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Surrey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Thomas Girtin (Yale Center for British Art, 1986-01-21 - 1986-03-30) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.