- Sheet from the Blake-Varley Sketchbook of 1819, Pages 27 and 28
- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 8 inches (15.6 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite upper left: "[...] | o d green"; in graphite upper center: "gold & silver | & Precious Stones"; in brown ink lower right: "Empress Maud"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Keith C., Yale BA 1968, and Mildred B. Marshall
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dress | figure study | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Sheet from the Blake-Varley Sketchbook of 1819, Pages 27 and 28, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.