Sheet from the Blake-Varley Sketchbook of 1819, Pages 37 and 38
- Additional Title(s):
Page 38, Blake's Profiles of Faulconberg and landscape studies by Varley
Page 38, Blake's Profiles of Faulconberg and Landscape Studies by Varley
Verso: Page 37, Varley, London with St. Paul's from Hampstead
- Graphite and black chalk on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 8 inches (15.6 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower left: "Faulconberg"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Keith C., Yale BA 1968, and Mildred B. Marshall
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cathedral | figure study | landscape | men | moustache | portrait | roots | sketchbook | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | London | St. Paul's Cathedral | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Sheet from the Blake-Varley Sketchbook of 1819, Pages 37 and 38, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.