Sheet from the Blake-Varley Sketchbook of 1819, Pages 37 and 38
- Additional Title(s):
Page 38, Blake's Profiles of Faulconberg and Landscape Studies by Varley
Verso: Page 37, Varley, London with St. Paul's from Hampstead
- Graphite and black chalk on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 8 inches (15.6 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower left: "Faulconberg"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Keith C., Yale BA 1968, and Mildred B. Marshall
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cathedral | figure study | landscape | men | moustache | portrait | roots | sketchbook | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | London | St. Paul's Cathedral | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Sheet from the Blake-Varley Sketchbook of 1819, Pages 37 and 38, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.