Etchings by John Sell Cotman, Volume II
- Etching on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 19 7/16 x 13 3/4 inches (49.3 x 35 cm), Plate: 14 7/16 x 10 1/16 inches (36.7 x 25.5 cm), and Image: 14 1/8 x 9 3/4 inches (35.8 x 24.8 cm)
Lettered in brown-black ink, within image, center, in plaque: "ETCHINGS | BY | JOHN · SELL · COTMAN ·"; within image, lower center: "VOLUME II. | London, Published by Henry G. Bohn, 4, York St. Covent Garden."; within image, lower right: "Cotman inv et sc. 1811"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald and Willi Holden
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | architecture | building | columns (architectural elements) | decorations | frontispiece (illustration) | landscape | leaves | plaque (flat object) | quatrefoils | shrubs | title page | wall | window
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Etchings by John Sell Cotman, Volume II, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.