Salome on Settle, The Conductor
- between 1892 and 1898
- Pen and ink and brush over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 x 4 3/8 in. (12.7 x 11.1 cm), Mount: 12 1/4 × 11 1/8 inches (31.1 × 28.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso of mount, center in brown ink: "Intended for 'Under-the-Hill' when first planned before | Savoy actually started when entirely new designs (eg those published) | were carried out"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The William K. Rose and Eugene A. Carroll Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | portrait | profile | woman
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Aubrey Vincent Beardsley, 1872–1898, British, Salome on Settle, The Conductor, between 1892 and 1898
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.