Sailboats on the Nile
- between 1861 and 1862
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor on medium, slightly textured, wove paper mounted on board
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 13 1/8 inches (14 x 33.3 cm), Mount: 6 x 13 5/8 inches (15.2 x 34.6 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand bottom left: "Burgon"; on back center in graphite: "697/8 | 9 1/2 x 17 | for art | Mat 43"; in graphite bottom right: "EAC/WKR"
Signed bottom left: "Burgon"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The William K. Rose and Eugene A. Carroll Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | marine art | river | sailboats | sunset
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Nile
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John William Burgon, 1813 –1888, British, Sailboats on the Nile, between 1861 and 1862
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.