Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Venice, the Doge's Palace, undated
Venice, the Doge's Palace
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, graphite, and gouache on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 × 10 inches (17.8 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in watercolor bottom right: "Novr.  1:30 P.M. | 13th (12)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The William K. Rose and Eugene A. Carroll Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | birds | boats | campanile | Canals (Waterways) | cityscape | marine art | palaces | sails | water
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Veneto | Venice
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.