Venice, the Doge's Palace
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, graphite, and gouache on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 × 10 inches (17.8 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in watercolor bottom right: "Novr.  1:30 P.M. | 13th (12)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The William K. Rose and Eugene A. Carroll Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | birds | boats | campanile | Canals (Waterways) | cityscape | marine art | palaces | sails | water
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Veneto | Venice
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Venice, the Doge's Palace, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.