Female Nude and Horse
- Former Title(s):
Abstract Design (with Female Nude and Horse, etc.)
- ca. 1925
- Gouache, watercolor, pen and black ink and graphite on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- 8 7/8 x 6 15/16 inches (22.6 x 17.6 cm) and 8 7/16 x 6 inches (21.4 x 15.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right on back: "Top | [arrow pointing upwards] #7635 | 1/2" Flat walnut | 2 3/4 [?Linen] Mat | # 46 [?Fillet] | 12 1/4 x 14 1/4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The William K. Rose and Eugene A. Carroll Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | animal art | bodies | curved | female | figure study | head | horse (animal) | nude | Vorticism | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Wyndham Lewis, 1882–1957, British, Female Nude and Horse, ca. 1925
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.