A Mad Dog in a Coffee House
- Etching and watercolor on medium, brown, moderately textured wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/4 x 19 9/16 in. (33.7 x 49.7 cm)
Inscribed top right in graphite: "hand colored 375"; bottom left in graphite: "118 A2"; on back bottom right in graphite: "#19653"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The William K. Rose and Eugene A. Carroll Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coffee | coffeehouse | food | genre subject | leisure | tankards
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Mad Dog in a Coffee House, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.