- Plains of Bengal, from above Siligoree
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Mount: 11 9/16 x 17 1/8 inches (29.4 x 43.5 cm) and Sheet: 10 3/8 x 16 1/8 inches (26.4 x 41 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "[...]"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper right: "Sir John Lubbock. Bart. MP."; in pen and black ink, center: "Plains of Bengal, from above Siligoree. | PLAINS OF BENGAL, FROM ABOVE SILIGOREE."; in charcoal, lower left: "4585"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Michael D. Coe, Yale MAH 1968
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ferns | landscape | rivers | trees | vegetation
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Bengal | Siliguri
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Plains of Bengal, from above Siligoree, 1874
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.