Rocca del Papa, with Monte Cavo
- ca. 1796
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 x 9 1/4 inches (16.8 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Monte Cavo"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "Rocca del Pappa from | [illegible]" | "THOMAS GIRTIN: ROCCA DEL PAPPA | WITH MONTE CARO"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | forest | Grand Tour | hills | landscape | sheep | shepherd | trees | village
- Associated Places:
- Cavo, Monte | Europe | Italy | Lazio | Rocca di Papa | Roma | Rome
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Rocca del Papa, with Monte Cavo, ca. 1796
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.