Valle Crucis Abbey, near Llangollen
- between 1798 and 1801
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 11 5/8 inches (21 × 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center (on rock): "Girtin"; in graphite, verso, center: "Valle Crucis Abby near Llangollen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | architectural subject | clouds | figure | house | landscape | rocks (landforms) | ruins | sheep | shore (landform) | trees | water | woman
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | Denbighshire | Europe | Llangollen | United Kingdom | Valle Crucis Abbey | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
imitator of Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, Valle Crucis Abbey, near Llangollen, between 1798 and 1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.