The Watermill Above the Bridge at Charenton
- Watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper, (two sheets mounted together)
- Sheet: 7 11/16 x 12 3/4 inches (19.5 x 32.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, verso, lower center: "View of the Water Mill on the Marne above the bridge at <Charenton> | near Paris."; in graphite, verso, center: "X" (encircled); in graphite, verso, upper center: "T. GIRTIN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | bridge (built work) | buildings | carts | clouds | deciduous trees | grass | horse (animal) | house | landscape | moulin | people | trees | water | watermills
- Associated Places:
- Charenton-le-Pont | Europe | France | Marne | Paris | Pont de Charenton-le-Pont | Val-de-Marne | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, The Watermill Above the Bridge at Charenton, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.