The Plain of El Raheh, Mount Sinai
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 13 1/2in. (24.1 x 34.3cm), Sheet: 9 1/2 × 13 1/2 inches (24.1 × 34.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown watercolor, lower left: "Mount Sinai"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "David Roberts R.A."; dated lower left: "Feb. 17th 1839"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- desert | landscape | mountains | plain
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Sinai
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
David Roberts, 1796–1864, British, The Plain of El Raheh, Mount Sinai, 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.