- The Plain of El Raheh, Mount Sinai
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 13 1/2in. (24.1 x 34.3cm) and Sheet: 9 1/2 × 13 1/2 inches (24.1 × 34.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown watercolor, lower left: "Mount Sinai"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "David Roberts R.A."; dated lower left: "Feb. 17th 1839"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- desert | landscape | mountains | plain
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Sinai
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
David Roberts, 1796–1864, British, The Plain of El Raheh, Mount Sinai, 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.