- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor over graphite with gouache on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/8 x 13 7/8in. (25.7 x 35.2cm), Sheet: 10 1/8 × 13 7/8 inches (25.7 × 35.2 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, lower left: "Sidmouth [...]"; on verso in graphite, lower left: "Sid[mouth] from Beacon [Pla]ce"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "David Roberts .R.A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | cityscape | cliffs | cove | shoreline
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | Europe | Sidmouth | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.