- Watercolor over graphite with gouache on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/8 x 13 7/8in. (25.7 x 35.2cm) and Sheet: 10 1/8 × 13 7/8 inches (25.7 × 35.2 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, lower left: "Sidmouth [...]"; on verso in graphite, lower left: "Sid[mouth] from Beacon [Pla]ce"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "David Roberts .R.A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | cityscape | cliffs | cove | shoreline
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | Europe | Sidmouth | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.