Standing Figure, Probably for Lady Macbeth
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Standing Figure
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 6 1/2 x 3 7/8 inches (16.5 x 9.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "[...]"
Watermark, collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- literary theme | Macbeth, play by William Shakespeare | standing | theater
- Associated People:
- Lady Macbeth (character in Macbeth)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Standing Figure, Probably for Lady Macbeth, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.